Skip to main content

Wedding❤️‍๐Ÿ”ฅ

July 25th was the day I got married. Its been around two weeks now. In my imagination I used to always think that I will live in my in laws place lik I used to live in hostel with warden as my in law๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ™ˆ and escape home during weekends. Well seeing these hindi series during lockdown kind off contributed to this imagination where the girl enjoys before wedding and after wedding there are vamps who trouble her๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜. 

My story is nothing lik this. Around 4pm on 25th eve time was up and I was abt to leave the wedding hall to go to trichy to my in laws place. I told my family already not to cry when I leave. My mama replied you are going to such a good family and have such a cool mom in law so we are not going to cry๐Ÿ˜. I was excited and happy for some reason and dint cry one bit and we set off to trichy. I got to hear family stories on my way which was fun. We reached trichy around 9:30pm I guess and everyone welcomed me there and there where few rituals which went on till 12. 

Its that day and today and all I feel is a sense of happiness and satisfaction that I got this family and it makes me miss my family a little less. The best part is the sweet loving grandma I got here who scolds me for eating late๐Ÿ™ˆand advices me and makes the delicious dishes ever๐Ÿคค and this reminds me of my grandma who passed away when I was in 8th grade. 

Before I got married most of my relatives adviced me abt post wedding life which kind of freaked me out and I felt lik I cant be free or happy like before. Though it prepared me for the worst this place is nothing lik that. I agree there are certain responsibilities which comes along with building new relationships but all you need to do is to consider ur husbands family as your own. I pretty much do the same things I used to do at my home like making dinner and coffee and tidying my house and stuff. I actually dont feel any difference except the fact that there are more people who care abt me now. 

I know it takes time to be your true self and show all your emotions but we just need to remember that we get what we give. So the amount of love and happiness you spread in your new family is what you will get back๐Ÿ’•

Comments

  1. Very nice words ma. God bless you both and your families.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stop overthinking and Do it

Hello Everyone. We always wanted to grow up and become adults while we were kids but now everyday we wish we were back to being kids once again enjoying the simple life except preparing for exams and the homework;). The best part about being a kid is the energy each one of us spread literally lighting up the room as soon as we enter. We used to bring smile on everyone’s face.   Hopping around everywhere, sometimes falling down is also okay because I fell from the first floor of my grandma’s home when I tried to pick fruits from a tree. Don’t panic I survived :P. I know that was dangerous but it was a learning process which helped me calculate the distance of the tree next time. Somewhere as we grew older we tend to loose the amazing energy and courage we had as kids and are often thinking about others opinions about us and on the work we do.   We are scared and are often a pessimist even before starting the things we want to do.  So whatever you want to do just start and ...

Clothing lessons I learnt๐Ÿ’ƒ

Growing up my parents used to buy clothing only 3-4 times a year mainly during festive seasons or sometimes when they needed any piece of clothing. They dint have television nor internet so they as consumers had the freedom to decide and mindfully buy the stuff they need only when they need it unlike our generation. Here we turn our tv on or any social media platform it bombards us with lot of products which dint exist in the previous era and we are tricked into believe that these are essentials. There is some sale or offer going on every other day on the online shopping platforms. We have piled up our closets with skin care, hair care products, slippers, clothes, bags, home essentials etc.. Im also guilty of piling my closet up. So here are the clothing lessons I learnt:  1. Don't buy a new skin care or hair care product unless the previous one is over. 2. Invest in quality over quantity. Im not that kind of person who looks into brands while I purchase stuff. If something feels...

A post for my 2nd Anniversary ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ’“

  It's been 2 years and there is a lot to share but I'll try to keep it simple. Meanwhile I hope you can take away some good things from here. WEDDING STORY: I had an arranged marriage as many of you know. The first time I met him I did not overthink it. He just looked calm and quiet (maybe shy or awkward). It was my first time that a prospective groom came to our house. I had nothing in my head. It was around April 2021. My sister said ‘he didn't look at you straight and maybe he isn't interested in the wedding’. I felt the same because when our families discussed future aspirations he said he wanted to do MBA and was waiting for results from IIM Lucknow. At that time I felt that if he converts IIM Lucknow, how will I go and live there for the next 2 years? I din't want to resign from my job. So we just waited for his results and he got rejected from IIML. It was sad but this is what led to our wedding ๐Ÿ˜‚.  FIGHTS: Our fights were crazy back in the day. It was new ...