Skip to main content

Avoid these things to get people to like talking to you๐Ÿ’ž


We meet a lot of people in our lives. Some like us while some hate us.
But we must have met someone whom we despise and would do whatever it takes to avoid talking to that person.
If we see them somewhere in public or in family functions we hide and wait for them to leave. I have had these people in my life and continue to meet such people in the present as well.

Some reasons that I find very unattractive in a conversation
1. Asking too much personal information - We randomly meet a person in some event or function and they start asking everything that is there about you. This really puts things off and we tend to view that person as nosy and annoying. I'm sure we will meet these people atleast once in our lifetime.

2. Advising people we just met - I have been there and done that. Now I cringe when I think about it. Because of social media we have an illusion that we know someone even without meeting them a single time in real life.
Eg: I have never met some of my husbands friends or my sisters friends or certain friends friend. But we follow each other on instagram. When we meet such people for the first time we sometimes get excited and act like we know them. I once tried talking about wedding to my husbands friend and adviced him to get married. This incident still haunts me because I acted like those forcible aunties in family weddings๐Ÿ˜“

3. Show offs/ Price tags - Something like Kareena kapoor's fiance from 3 Idiots movie. This is that person who often puts a slight hint of the price of items they own during a normal conversation. We sometimes do it without realising it and when I think hard I might have did it sometimes but not to put other persons possession down but to just let them know that its costly and we they have to be careful while using it.
When I think about it I feels cheap. When someone else did the same thing to me I realised how awkward the conversation can become and how the other person might feel. So never ever talk in terms of money.
You can talk about it only when the person your talking to is genuinely interested in the price of the item. Otherwise keep your mouth shut.

4. Giving skin care/ hair care advise unnecessarily - I have faced this and even my sister has faced this when we were in school during our teen years. Pimple is a common thing but people made sure to make us feel insecure about it. We have access to all the resources and can get ourselves a doctor to fix it but people make it a point to spit it out whenever they used to meet us. We never know the underlying situation why this happened to a specific person. It faded away for me with home remedies but my sis needed a dermatologist to get it treated. I still get pimples while I travel or when weather changes but it goes away eventually.

5. Body shaming - I did this to my sister and used to tell her its for fun but little did I realize how much that hurt her. One day she came to me and said "I feel less confident because of you". I realized my mistake. Still sometimes I forget it but I decided not to say anything mean to her even as a fun fact.

6. Making other person feel cheap - Sometimes we get soo obsessed with what materials we possess we start making the other person feel cheap saying that he/she has a cheap phone or laptop or sunglass or slippers.
It is not right to boast about what you own and make other person feel bad. This is happening not just by a person but the entire social media influencer community these days. The unboxing videos make us feel we are left out and we need to buy that to feel good. Try and avoid the videos that make you feel you don't have enough.
Eg: I got my sister a tablet to take notes and read her ebooks. She was soo happy with it until she saw these aesthetic videos of iPad unboxing. I dint get her an iPad because she has android phone and it would we easier to transfer files for her using android tablet. 
After explain her about this she was okay with the tablet. But still the iPad spark is within her.

7. Praising your family members too much - Never praise your family members too much before other people because this is not very attractive. People often think your trying to show off and make them feel less about themselves. I have had relatives who praise their husbands and show off their kids achievements and beyond a point it becomes cringy and show off. 

8. Talking ill about your family or others too much - This makes the opposite person create a persona of your family member as a bad person even without meeting them. We have fights with our parents on random things. And we also resolve it. But the person whom we share too much to might not erase that initial image of our family member. So be careful before you speak out.

9. Sharing your health condition - Don't share a list of health problems you have with the person you just met or someone who is not very close to you. It makes the conversation uncomfortable. I have met people who just start off by saying they have knee pain and this and that and go on to talk about the various diseases each member of their family has.
People run away from these type of conversations. Nobody wants to talk about diseases and bad health. This mostly happens to doctors when they visit people outside their hospital. Their relatives do it to get some free advice maybe.
Nevertheless, don't share about your ill health randomly. 

Conclusion:
Sometimes we don't know what we talk might offend others. It's also not possible to make people happy all the time. 
Without our knowledge we speak stuff that we don't mean to people we care about and we must try to avoid that. So make sure to talk to people and understand what kind of communicator you are. Ask your sibling or partner or parents about your personality and understand about yourself.
Make sure to avoid the points above to become a more likeable person so that people don't hide away from you and start running to you๐Ÿ’–

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clothing lessons I learnt๐Ÿ’ƒ

Growing up my parents used to buy clothing only 3-4 times a year mainly during festive seasons or sometimes when they needed any piece of clothing. They dint have television nor internet so they as consumers had the freedom to decide and mindfully buy the stuff they need only when they need it unlike our generation. Here we turn our tv on or any social media platform it bombards us with lot of products which dint exist in the previous era and we are tricked into believe that these are essentials. There is some sale or offer going on every other day on the online shopping platforms. We have piled up our closets with skin care, hair care products, slippers, clothes, bags, home essentials etc.. Im also guilty of piling my closet up. So here are the clothing lessons I learnt:  1. Don't buy a new skin care or hair care product unless the previous one is over. 2. Invest in quality over quantity. Im not that kind of person who looks into brands while I purchase stuff. If something feels...

A post for my 2nd Anniversary ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ’“

  It's been 2 years and there is a lot to share but I'll try to keep it simple. Meanwhile I hope you can take away some good things from here. WEDDING STORY: I had an arranged marriage as many of you know. The first time I met him I did not overthink it. He just looked calm and quiet (maybe shy or awkward). It was my first time that a prospective groom came to our house. I had nothing in my head. It was around April 2021. My sister said ‘he didn't look at you straight and maybe he isn't interested in the wedding’. I felt the same because when our families discussed future aspirations he said he wanted to do MBA and was waiting for results from IIM Lucknow. At that time I felt that if he converts IIM Lucknow, how will I go and live there for the next 2 years? I din't want to resign from my job. So we just waited for his results and he got rejected from IIML. It was sad but this is what led to our wedding ๐Ÿ˜‚.  FIGHTS: Our fights were crazy back in the day. It was new ...

Stop overthinking and Do it

Hello Everyone. We always wanted to grow up and become adults while we were kids but now everyday we wish we were back to being kids once again enjoying the simple life except preparing for exams and the homework;). The best part about being a kid is the energy each one of us spread literally lighting up the room as soon as we enter. We used to bring smile on everyone’s face.   Hopping around everywhere, sometimes falling down is also okay because I fell from the first floor of my grandma’s home when I tried to pick fruits from a tree. Don’t panic I survived :P. I know that was dangerous but it was a learning process which helped me calculate the distance of the tree next time. Somewhere as we grew older we tend to loose the amazing energy and courage we had as kids and are often thinking about others opinions about us and on the work we do.   We are scared and are often a pessimist even before starting the things we want to do.  So whatever you want to do just start and ...