Tuesday, April 4, 2023

How to sell items you no longer need?

Hey guys it been a while since my last update on the blog. I recently did something to handle all the extra items I own. I know the major problem we face while decluttering is not knowing what to do with the items we own after we remove them from our cupboards and shelves. Some are old which we happily throwaway. Incase some are usable we donate them mostly to our house help. But what about the things that are in really good condition and expensive and we cant donate them or give them away as such. That is when selling them comes in our mind.
We sold our old television to our maid which both useful to her plus we dint loose any money. But the what about certain good tech gadgets that we dont enjoy using or the function wear lehenga or certain good looking clothes you got on a vacation which dont fit you and you realized this after reaching home. Well I searched about this and the first suggestion I got was the famous olx. I'll talk about it later. Coming to my favorite app. It's Poshmark. This was something that I came across after watching my favorite youtube influencer who talks about minimalism Malama life. This app is recently launched in India and I think that its amazing.
Only drawback is the commission they charge on the sold items. But it's worth it because you can sell your items without worrying about anything.

How it works?
1. Click few pictures of your product.
2. Take a video of your product less than 15 secs.
3. Tap on camera icon and upload it.
4. Add few Details and the price you want to sell the item.
5. Thats it. Now wait for buyers to send you offers. You can check the remaining details in your app itself.


By this way I sold close to 18 items. Which includes all my extra bags, clothes and unused tech gadgets. Some people have also been doing online business using this platform. Incase you have something in mind you can check this out.
I wish you guys found this useful. Share and comment if you want to read more such useful blogs.

Extra story:
Coming back to the olx, I had bad experience with it. Its filled with scammers who show us that they are willing to buy anything we post without negotiating even one rupee. Then they ask our watsapp no and send qr code. If we scan that like fools and enter our pin then we lose our money. These scammers talk in a convincing way and force us to do it immediately before we change our mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I switched my work organization😉

First of all thank you for coming here to read my blogs. I haven't posted for a long time now and believe I will be more consistent goin...