Saturday, March 11, 2023

When did you realise you needed a partner?

I dint realise I needed a partner until I had one. I had an arranged marriage at the age of 23 which I feel was pretty early. I wanted to explore and have fun on my own but 8 months after joining my first job covid lockdown happened and everything changed because of work from home.

My cousin who was 25 at that time was getting married and my parents said it took 2 yrs to get the right match for my cousin and will take the same time for me. I dint really care at that time but a month later I got a request from my husbands matrimony profile.
I rejected it :P because I dint want to marry anyone as I was doing the same with other requests. But eventually there are these local matchmakers in our community who had my husbands biodata and gave it to my parents and they visited him and liked him a lot.

Marriage was an alien concept to me and I was always scared abt it. But when the wedding dates were fixed I talked to him and found out he is also a person who feels the same as I do. 
1) He heard me out.
2) Asked me if Im willing to go ahead with the wedding.
3) Asked my dreams and aspirations

All these things made me realise maybe I just go ahead and marry him. Sometimes we get this gut feeling about certain things and they turn out to be exactly the way we think. Marrying my partner was one such quick decision and it was the best decision of my life.

When we are in school or college we always have a gang of friends to spend time with but as we go older I think having a partner is good. We might think it adds complications in life but trust yourself that when you meet the right person life becomes more fun and meaningful.
You have someone whom you can eat with, travel, watch series, discuss about your worries, your insecurities, advice you when you go wrong, supports you, etc..

I know friends and family can do this but having a partner- that one person for you as a whole is great

No comments:

Post a Comment

I switched my work organization😉

First of all thank you for coming here to read my blogs. I haven't posted for a long time now and believe I will be more consistent goin...