Skip to main content

Clothing lessons I learnt💃

Growing up my parents used to buy clothing only 3-4 times a year mainly during festive seasons or sometimes when they needed any piece of clothing. They dint have television nor internet so they as consumers had the freedom to decide and mindfully buy the stuff they need only when they need it unlike our generation. Here we turn our tv on or any social media platform it bombards us with lot of products which dint exist in the previous era and we are tricked into believe that these are essentials. There is some sale or offer going on every other day on the online shopping platforms. We have piled up our closets with skin care, hair care products, slippers, clothes, bags, home essentials etc.. Im also guilty of piling my closet up. So here are the clothing lessons I learnt: 

1. Don't buy a new skin care or hair care product unless the previous one is over.

2. Invest in quality over quantity. Im not that kind of person who looks into brands while I purchase stuff. If something feels good I buy it and I am happy to pay less. But these days I have realised that investing in proper brands is actually beneficial. Instead of buying uncomfortable rough cheap jean we can pay more to buy a branded jean that can last us long and in the mean time is comfortable. Now I prefer to have one branded jean over 10 rough low quality ones.

3. Investing in brands saves time. This true because we don't have to run to places and hunt for pieces instead go to the branded store and we can tell our size and just get the item and be back in no time. You don't have to try multiple garments to find out what fits you. Because once you buy a specific size from a brand you know it and can buy it next time without any hassle of trying it.

4. Invest in basic pieces which can be styled in versatile way. If you think brands are expensive try buying only the basic pieces from brands. Example: Jeans, leggings, inner wear, plain t-shirts etc.. We can mix and match these with other pieces to create outfits. We girls must invest in white and black leggings because we pair that with most of our Kurtis.

5. Invest in neutrals rather than bright colours. I made a mistake of buying a red handbag and it doesn't match very well with all my outfits. Rather than this black or white bags or beige coloured bags go with all outfits and give a rich and sophisticated look. Same thing with slippers. Investing in black, white and sandal coloured footwear can match with most of our outfits.

Here's my take. I have restrained myself from buying clothes multiple times a year and rather use all that money to invest in one good branded piece of clothing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop overthinking and Do it

Hello Everyone. We always wanted to grow up and become adults while we were kids but now everyday we wish we were back to being kids once again enjoying the simple life except preparing for exams and the homework;). The best part about being a kid is the energy each one of us spread literally lighting up the room as soon as we enter. We used to bring smile on everyone’s face.   Hopping around everywhere, sometimes falling down is also okay because I fell from the first floor of my grandma’s home when I tried to pick fruits from a tree. Don’t panic I survived :P. I know that was dangerous but it was a learning process which helped me calculate the distance of the tree next time. Somewhere as we grew older we tend to loose the amazing energy and courage we had as kids and are often thinking about others opinions about us and on the work we do.   We are scared and are often a pessimist even before starting the things we want to do.  So whatever you want to do just start and ...

Assumptions about married women

That's me. And I prefer doing whatever I like be it going on trips or hitting the gym or doing my office work or cooking. 1.  Cooking  -  Assumption that women must cook despite having busy careers. Dont get me wrong. Infact, I love trying out new dishes occasionally. But the phone call I had received from my relative the other day made me question this. They were constantly interested in what Im cooking or if I learnt to cook the dal gravy. I faced a similar incident at the gym. Our trainer asked me to cook more protein rich food for my husband and feed him regularly. Though meant in a humorous way, the underlying meaning kind of made me feel sad. The fact that nobody would say this to a husband made me question. Cooking is a life skill. It is a choice. We can always hire someone. We might develop interest in cooking once we start living on our own. We must also stop judging someone for their food choices. When I say I make protein pancakes or wheat semiya or masala oats...

A post for my 2nd Anniversary 👫 💓

  It's been 2 years and there is a lot to share but I'll try to keep it simple. Meanwhile I hope you can take away some good things from here. WEDDING STORY: I had an arranged marriage as many of you know. The first time I met him I did not overthink it. He just looked calm and quiet (maybe shy or awkward). It was my first time that a prospective groom came to our house. I had nothing in my head. It was around April 2021. My sister said ‘he didn't look at you straight and maybe he isn't interested in the wedding’. I felt the same because when our families discussed future aspirations he said he wanted to do MBA and was waiting for results from IIM Lucknow. At that time I felt that if he converts IIM Lucknow, how will I go and live there for the next 2 years? I din't want to resign from my job. So we just waited for his results and he got rejected from IIML. It was sad but this is what led to our wedding 😂.  FIGHTS: Our fights were crazy back in the day. It was new ...