Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Clothing lessons I learnt💃

Growing up my parents used to buy clothing only 3-4 times a year mainly during festive seasons or sometimes when they needed any piece of clothing. They dint have television nor internet so they as consumers had the freedom to decide and mindfully buy the stuff they need only when they need it unlike our generation. Here we turn our tv on or any social media platform it bombards us with lot of products which dint exist in the previous era and we are tricked into believe that these are essentials. There is some sale or offer going on every other day on the online shopping platforms. We have piled up our closets with skin care, hair care products, slippers, clothes, bags, home essentials etc.. Im also guilty of piling my closet up. So here are the clothing lessons I learnt: 

1. Don't buy a new skin care or hair care product unless the previous one is over.

2. Invest in quality over quantity. Im not that kind of person who looks into brands while I purchase stuff. If something feels good I buy it and I am happy to pay less. But these days I have realised that investing in proper brands is actually beneficial. Instead of buying uncomfortable rough cheap jean we can pay more to buy a branded jean that can last us long and in the mean time is comfortable. Now I prefer to have one branded jean over 10 rough low quality ones.

3. Investing in brands saves time. This true because we don't have to run to places and hunt for pieces instead go to the branded store and we can tell our size and just get the item and be back in no time. You don't have to try multiple garments to find out what fits you. Because once you buy a specific size from a brand you know it and can buy it next time without any hassle of trying it.

4. Invest in basic pieces which can be styled in versatile way. If you think brands are expensive try buying only the basic pieces from brands. Example: Jeans, leggings, inner wear, plain t-shirts etc.. We can mix and match these with other pieces to create outfits. We girls must invest in white and black leggings because we pair that with most of our Kurtis.

5. Invest in neutrals rather than bright colours. I made a mistake of buying a red handbag and it doesn't match very well with all my outfits. Rather than this black or white bags or beige coloured bags go with all outfits and give a rich and sophisticated look. Same thing with slippers. Investing in black, white and sandal coloured footwear can match with most of our outfits.

Here's my take. I have restrained myself from buying clothes multiple times a year and rather use all that money to invest in one good branded piece of clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I switched my work organization😉

First of all thank you for coming here to read my blogs. I haven't posted for a long time now and believe I will be more consistent goin...