Monday, July 11, 2022

The Monday Phobia 👻

 


Most of us here would be familiar with this Monday phobia. In school when I had tests on mondays it used to be dreadful in the mornings. Days without tests or exams felt normal. Now growing up as adults we feel this same phobia on Monday mornings while going to work. Why do we whine abt Mondays? Isn't it bad that we keep waiting for weekends and spend rest 70% of the week. Why is it so?

Maybe the reason to wake up on a Monday morning is not happening enough. Maybe we are not satisfied about the jobs we do but have to do it out of compulsion.

Let's decode. As kids most of us hated Mondays only on the days we had exams or tests or assignment due dates. Exams test our knowledge on a specific subject and assignments are something we need to get it done. Same can be matched with adults. When we have targets or client deadlines or projects to complete we hate the starting of the week because it reminds us we have to work for a long time before the weekend break. And tests here in adult life can be replaced by any new task we get to do and lack knowledge about it hence we are afraid to move further with the task and start whining abt "What life is this, what am I doing"..

Now skipping to happier Mondays on school days wherein we had sports meet practice or annual day practice filled me up with energy to wake up and go to school. Why is it so? Im neither a professional sports player nor a dancer. It's because I enjoyed the process of learning the skill during practice session. The dance rehearsals where we were tested of the group coordination was also fun enough and we took the scoldings from our dance teachers in a good way and still kept practicing. The main performance days where the best memories of my school days. We were slightly nervous to perform on stage still enjoyed the process.

Why can't we do this in our jobs? Maybe showcase project demos in our offices without hating it? Or do a challenging task with zeal. Maybe we don't do these things because we don't enjoy the job we do or don't find it satisfying enough and do it out of compulsion. Its high time then we have to identify the reason. If we are not confident enough in client calls or handling any issue (from software dev point of view) maybe acquire the skills to do it and become confident enough. If you don't want to do that then think of something else to change the situation.

Im also in the same boat saying "Oh God it's Monday". I feel this because I don't really feel passionate and jump out of my bed thinking of the job I have to do. So its time to do something about this and maybe I started the process of the same and decided not to stop till I reach "Yes its Monday😁". Maybe the last line was little too much😂. Let me know what you guys think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I switched my work organization😉

First of all thank you for coming here to read my blogs. I haven't posted for a long time now and believe I will be more consistent goin...