Skip to main content

Mindset 👊

Mindset plays an important role in framing our character and outlook on life. We can be termed as a pessimist and optimist based on the way we approach at things. Now let me give an example. Yesterday I took a mock test for an exam which comes 4.5 months later but the scores dejected me. I started thinking I can't crack the actual exam. I wasn't able to solve most of the questions and became scared looking at the timer that kept going. Here's the thing. I already accepted I am going to fail and decided to give up which I feel now as a losers decision. 

There are two mindsets basically for humans based on a book. It's the fixed mindset and the growth mindset. 

Fixed Mindset
It means thinking you are born a certain way and your environment and family background won't support certain things therefore you can't do it. Eg: Blaming your families riches or education background because you can't do certain thing. Though these things influence upto certain level it is us who can take a step to find solutions to these problems. Maybe sit down and explain your family that you want to do that thing. Nothing comes easy in life.

Growth Mindset
Believing I can do what I want to do can be done if I decide on moving the coins correctly. When you believe you can do something you're halfway there.

There's a slight difference between a growth mindset and doing things that you don't enjoy. 
Example: When I was in clg I believed I can't code because I just can't do it, which is a fixed mindset. But out of clg when I tried coding and preparing for similar exams I realised I don't enjoy it much or see the fun in it than the other things I decided on doing. Well now this is different. I can compromise here and go ahead with coding by putting in hardworking and practicing but here it becomes a personal choice. So let's keep growth mindset and work hard to achieve our goals. Hope my post gives a pinch of boost on our lazy lacklustre minds. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop overthinking and Do it

Hello Everyone. We always wanted to grow up and become adults while we were kids but now everyday we wish we were back to being kids once again enjoying the simple life except preparing for exams and the homework;). The best part about being a kid is the energy each one of us spread literally lighting up the room as soon as we enter. We used to bring smile on everyone’s face.   Hopping around everywhere, sometimes falling down is also okay because I fell from the first floor of my grandma’s home when I tried to pick fruits from a tree. Don’t panic I survived :P. I know that was dangerous but it was a learning process which helped me calculate the distance of the tree next time. Somewhere as we grew older we tend to loose the amazing energy and courage we had as kids and are often thinking about others opinions about us and on the work we do.   We are scared and are often a pessimist even before starting the things we want to do.  So whatever you want to do just start and ...

Assumptions about married women

That's me. And I prefer doing whatever I like be it going on trips or hitting the gym or doing my office work or cooking. 1.  Cooking  -  Assumption that women must cook despite having busy careers. Dont get me wrong. Infact, I love trying out new dishes occasionally. But the phone call I had received from my relative the other day made me question this. They were constantly interested in what Im cooking or if I learnt to cook the dal gravy. I faced a similar incident at the gym. Our trainer asked me to cook more protein rich food for my husband and feed him regularly. Though meant in a humorous way, the underlying meaning kind of made me feel sad. The fact that nobody would say this to a husband made me question. Cooking is a life skill. It is a choice. We can always hire someone. We might develop interest in cooking once we start living on our own. We must also stop judging someone for their food choices. When I say I make protein pancakes or wheat semiya or masala oats...

A post for my 2nd Anniversary 👫 💓

  It's been 2 years and there is a lot to share but I'll try to keep it simple. Meanwhile I hope you can take away some good things from here. WEDDING STORY: I had an arranged marriage as many of you know. The first time I met him I did not overthink it. He just looked calm and quiet (maybe shy or awkward). It was my first time that a prospective groom came to our house. I had nothing in my head. It was around April 2021. My sister said ‘he didn't look at you straight and maybe he isn't interested in the wedding’. I felt the same because when our families discussed future aspirations he said he wanted to do MBA and was waiting for results from IIM Lucknow. At that time I felt that if he converts IIM Lucknow, how will I go and live there for the next 2 years? I din't want to resign from my job. So we just waited for his results and he got rejected from IIML. It was sad but this is what led to our wedding 😂.  FIGHTS: Our fights were crazy back in the day. It was new ...