Skip to main content

Essentialism...Minimalism πŸ˜›

Hey Guys..It's the month of Ramzan. I decided to clean my space and organise my wardrobe. Guess what I realised? I have an overflowing pile of clothes. We have 2 big wardrobes each having 4 shelves. My wardrobe was overflowing and I captured 2 more shelves in my husbands wardrobeπŸ˜›. Main reason was my wedding during which I went on a shopping spree for no reason. One more thing is my recent trip to Bangalore where I went to Commercial Street and turned crazy seeing the deals and grabbed everything possible. Winter collection was on offer and I got lot of hoodies and now I realise I dint need them because I live in tirchy. I wear only top and a track pant most of the time in this covid era. 

Besides these things reliance trends keeps bombarding me with multiple coupons which tempt me to visit the store repeatedly. I think Im saving 500rs on purchase of 1500 but the truth is Im spending 1000rs. After a sad realisation of my activity I searched about my behaviour and realised a few things. I talked to my husband and he said he buys stuff only 2 or 3 times a year or when he is in need of some piece and gets it from good branded showrooms which last him long. Most men shop for quality and women for quantity because we like a lot of pieces rather than one same lasting piece. I looked into my wardrobe and found I have few tops which I got for 699rs which lasted me long while the one I got for 250 or so or the ones I got in offer are either worn out or I don't remember when I wore them last. 


ESSENTIALISM
Essentialism and minimalism are concepts that we very true and practical. For people who haven't heard of minimalism it is the concept of stripping things down to only essential things. 
Practically speaking we can't be extreme minimalist because we will always have backup stuff but we can be sure of what we need to keep and what we need to get rid off.

In my childhood I remember playing with only 2 Chinese dolls but having a showcase full of toys which I haven't used. Most of the crockery items I have is unused. We have 10 coffee mugs for 2 people who use those mugsπŸ™Š. In realtime we can have one extra set for guests.

CONCLUSION
I have decided to buy only good quality clothing only after the one's I wear are worn out. I removed all old pieces and donated them. This decision actually helped me relax and reduce my anxiety. Besides clothing I also decluttered my footwear and lotions and creams to the essential ones I use on a daily basis. Now I feel more relaxed. I wish you guys can also declutter your closet and find out how much you own and what you can get rid off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clothing lessons I learntπŸ’ƒ

Growing up my parents used to buy clothing only 3-4 times a year mainly during festive seasons or sometimes when they needed any piece of clothing. They dint have television nor internet so they as consumers had the freedom to decide and mindfully buy the stuff they need only when they need it unlike our generation. Here we turn our tv on or any social media platform it bombards us with lot of products which dint exist in the previous era and we are tricked into believe that these are essentials. There is some sale or offer going on every other day on the online shopping platforms. We have piled up our closets with skin care, hair care products, slippers, clothes, bags, home essentials etc.. Im also guilty of piling my closet up. So here are the clothing lessons I learnt:  1. Don't buy a new skin care or hair care product unless the previous one is over. 2. Invest in quality over quantity. Im not that kind of person who looks into brands while I purchase stuff. If something feels...

A post for my 2nd Anniversary πŸ‘« πŸ’“

  It's been 2 years and there is a lot to share but I'll try to keep it simple. Meanwhile I hope you can take away some good things from here. WEDDING STORY: I had an arranged marriage as many of you know. The first time I met him I did not overthink it. He just looked calm and quiet (maybe shy or awkward). It was my first time that a prospective groom came to our house. I had nothing in my head. It was around April 2021. My sister said ‘he didn't look at you straight and maybe he isn't interested in the wedding’. I felt the same because when our families discussed future aspirations he said he wanted to do MBA and was waiting for results from IIM Lucknow. At that time I felt that if he converts IIM Lucknow, how will I go and live there for the next 2 years? I din't want to resign from my job. So we just waited for his results and he got rejected from IIML. It was sad but this is what led to our wedding πŸ˜‚.  FIGHTS: Our fights were crazy back in the day. It was new ...

Stop overthinking and Do it

Hello Everyone. We always wanted to grow up and become adults while we were kids but now everyday we wish we were back to being kids once again enjoying the simple life except preparing for exams and the homework;). The best part about being a kid is the energy each one of us spread literally lighting up the room as soon as we enter. We used to bring smile on everyone’s face.   Hopping around everywhere, sometimes falling down is also okay because I fell from the first floor of my grandma’s home when I tried to pick fruits from a tree. Don’t panic I survived :P. I know that was dangerous but it was a learning process which helped me calculate the distance of the tree next time. Somewhere as we grew older we tend to loose the amazing energy and courage we had as kids and are often thinking about others opinions about us and on the work we do.   We are scared and are often a pessimist even before starting the things we want to do.  So whatever you want to do just start and ...