Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Essentialism...Minimalism 😛

Hey Guys..It's the month of Ramzan. I decided to clean my space and organise my wardrobe. Guess what I realised? I have an overflowing pile of clothes. We have 2 big wardrobes each having 4 shelves. My wardrobe was overflowing and I captured 2 more shelves in my husbands wardrobe😛. Main reason was my wedding during which I went on a shopping spree for no reason. One more thing is my recent trip to Bangalore where I went to Commercial Street and turned crazy seeing the deals and grabbed everything possible. Winter collection was on offer and I got lot of hoodies and now I realise I dint need them because I live in tirchy. I wear only top and a track pant most of the time in this covid era. 

Besides these things reliance trends keeps bombarding me with multiple coupons which tempt me to visit the store repeatedly. I think Im saving 500rs on purchase of 1500 but the truth is Im spending 1000rs. After a sad realisation of my activity I searched about my behaviour and realised a few things. I talked to my husband and he said he buys stuff only 2 or 3 times a year or when he is in need of some piece and gets it from good branded showrooms which last him long. Most men shop for quality and women for quantity because we like a lot of pieces rather than one same lasting piece. I looked into my wardrobe and found I have few tops which I got for 699rs which lasted me long while the one I got for 250 or so or the ones I got in offer are either worn out or I don't remember when I wore them last. 


ESSENTIALISM
Essentialism and minimalism are concepts that we very true and practical. For people who haven't heard of minimalism it is the concept of stripping things down to only essential things. 
Practically speaking we can't be extreme minimalist because we will always have backup stuff but we can be sure of what we need to keep and what we need to get rid off.

In my childhood I remember playing with only 2 Chinese dolls but having a showcase full of toys which I haven't used. Most of the crockery items I have is unused. We have 10 coffee mugs for 2 people who use those mugs🙊. In realtime we can have one extra set for guests.

CONCLUSION
I have decided to buy only good quality clothing only after the one's I wear are worn out. I removed all old pieces and donated them. This decision actually helped me relax and reduce my anxiety. Besides clothing I also decluttered my footwear and lotions and creams to the essential ones I use on a daily basis. Now I feel more relaxed. I wish you guys can also declutter your closet and find out how much you own and what you can get rid off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I switched my work organization😉

First of all thank you for coming here to read my blogs. I haven't posted for a long time now and believe I will be more consistent goin...