Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Technology and Metaverse👽


Kids these days are found glued to their phones. Well when I think about it so are we most of the time. With the amount of people in IT industry and usage of watsapp to send info, office calls and stuff we use it more than ever.

When it comes to kids they have online zoom classes and school watsapp groups which makes their usage a lot worse. All my young cousins are found with mobile phones. They play games on phones, talk to friends on phones than in person, keep clicking pictures and post them in Instagram and talk about the comments they received and likes as well. Sometimes we can see these as fun but eventually the toll these things take on mental health is huge. I have seen people who take lot of time to edit their picture to find a perfect one before posting it online. There's nothing wrong with wanting to look good in a picture but the problem arises when we start hating on our looks and feel we aren't perfect enough and develop that inferiority complex. 

I saw lot of videos on algorithms behind these social media apps and its kind off scary. Nothing is private anymore you know. We can just search for anyone on the internet and find that person either on linked in or Insta or anything. 

I tried googling myself and found pictures of me in the images tab of google search engine and got scared then realised my profile on few sites was public without my knowledge like linked In, HackerEarth and Insta. I deleted my fb account as I wasn't using it anymore but couldn't delete Insta for some reason. I changed the image privacy on linked in and hacker earth so now its not visible anymore. Besides these things I saw the google accounts ads page which predicted things about me like wats my age, my marital status, the field I work in more accurate than ever. Last time I searched for a phone case online I found ads of it on my Insta feed. Feels like someone watching me all the time. I decided to change all privacy settings after that still these things creep me you know.

Now with all the things I read about meta verse makes it even more scary where I expect we can find lot of people wearing these meta verse glasses and living in a fictional world. Already when I walk alone or travel in a bus everyone uses their phone to kill time. Practically everyone has their phone out and staring and scrolling into it. Now thinking of people wearing glasses and walking into imaginary world makes it much worse. 

We can't really stay away from technology as it is an integral part of life these days but still be conscious about what we are using and how much we are using it.

1 comment:

I switched my work organization😉

First of all thank you for coming here to read my blogs. I haven't posted for a long time now and believe I will be more consistent goin...