Skip to main content

Technology and Metaverse👽


Kids these days are found glued to their phones. Well when I think about it so are we most of the time. With the amount of people in IT industry and usage of watsapp to send info, office calls and stuff we use it more than ever.

When it comes to kids they have online zoom classes and school watsapp groups which makes their usage a lot worse. All my young cousins are found with mobile phones. They play games on phones, talk to friends on phones than in person, keep clicking pictures and post them in Instagram and talk about the comments they received and likes as well. Sometimes we can see these as fun but eventually the toll these things take on mental health is huge. I have seen people who take lot of time to edit their picture to find a perfect one before posting it online. There's nothing wrong with wanting to look good in a picture but the problem arises when we start hating on our looks and feel we aren't perfect enough and develop that inferiority complex. 

I saw lot of videos on algorithms behind these social media apps and its kind off scary. Nothing is private anymore you know. We can just search for anyone on the internet and find that person either on linked in or Insta or anything. 

I tried googling myself and found pictures of me in the images tab of google search engine and got scared then realised my profile on few sites was public without my knowledge like linked In, HackerEarth and Insta. I deleted my fb account as I wasn't using it anymore but couldn't delete Insta for some reason. I changed the image privacy on linked in and hacker earth so now its not visible anymore. Besides these things I saw the google accounts ads page which predicted things about me like wats my age, my marital status, the field I work in more accurate than ever. Last time I searched for a phone case online I found ads of it on my Insta feed. Feels like someone watching me all the time. I decided to change all privacy settings after that still these things creep me you know.

Now with all the things I read about meta verse makes it even more scary where I expect we can find lot of people wearing these meta verse glasses and living in a fictional world. Already when I walk alone or travel in a bus everyone uses their phone to kill time. Practically everyone has their phone out and staring and scrolling into it. Now thinking of people wearing glasses and walking into imaginary world makes it much worse. 

We can't really stay away from technology as it is an integral part of life these days but still be conscious about what we are using and how much we are using it.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Clothing lessons I learnt💃

Growing up my parents used to buy clothing only 3-4 times a year mainly during festive seasons or sometimes when they needed any piece of clothing. They dint have television nor internet so they as consumers had the freedom to decide and mindfully buy the stuff they need only when they need it unlike our generation. Here we turn our tv on or any social media platform it bombards us with lot of products which dint exist in the previous era and we are tricked into believe that these are essentials. There is some sale or offer going on every other day on the online shopping platforms. We have piled up our closets with skin care, hair care products, slippers, clothes, bags, home essentials etc.. Im also guilty of piling my closet up. So here are the clothing lessons I learnt:  1. Don't buy a new skin care or hair care product unless the previous one is over. 2. Invest in quality over quantity. Im not that kind of person who looks into brands while I purchase stuff. If something feels...

A post for my 2nd Anniversary 👫 💓

  It's been 2 years and there is a lot to share but I'll try to keep it simple. Meanwhile I hope you can take away some good things from here. WEDDING STORY: I had an arranged marriage as many of you know. The first time I met him I did not overthink it. He just looked calm and quiet (maybe shy or awkward). It was my first time that a prospective groom came to our house. I had nothing in my head. It was around April 2021. My sister said ‘he didn't look at you straight and maybe he isn't interested in the wedding’. I felt the same because when our families discussed future aspirations he said he wanted to do MBA and was waiting for results from IIM Lucknow. At that time I felt that if he converts IIM Lucknow, how will I go and live there for the next 2 years? I din't want to resign from my job. So we just waited for his results and he got rejected from IIML. It was sad but this is what led to our wedding 😂.  FIGHTS: Our fights were crazy back in the day. It was new ...

Importance of having your own space

This is a taboo topic in India. I stayed with my parents till 12th grade. Then I moved to college for the next 4 years. Even while I was in college I wasn't practically alone because I had room mates and the same thing happened after I joined work as I stayed in working women's hostel. Then covid happened and I got married during covid and moved to his parents place. Our own space there was our room. Then 10 months later we shifted to Bangalore for study and work reasons and it was the first time in my life that I got an entire space to myself. My husband got his own space inside his college (A single room). While I stayed with my parents my job was to just take care of myself, eat and study. When I moved to hostel I had to tackle my laundry as well. Same happened in working women's hostel but extra responsibility was to pay my rent, tackle my finances and travel. Cooking became an extra part of our schedules wherein we make dishes occasionally. Each and every step of this ...