Saturday, November 14, 2020

Honest view on my iPhone XR


 

I previously owned a moto g6 for the past two years and recently I started seeing flicker in the phone which was like lightning so I decided to get a new one. 
I was confused because I dint want to spend much and want to use the same phone for a long time but people who know me will know how bad I'm with smartphones as I lost two phones to water damage before moto g6 out of which one is oneplus3 and I was heart broken after that and decide to spend not more than 10k on a phone.

Why I got an iPhone?

I wanted a phone which can last for a longtime and have updates. I'm currently working as an iOS dev so an iPhone would be better.
I was left with two choices either to get a 20k android phone for better specs which can last long or spend little more and buy an iPhone because there was flipkart sale (iPhone SE 2020 was around 27k-30k).
But the problem is SE dint have a good battery and I finally decided to get iPhone XR which was 40k and after applying credit card discounts and exchanging my previous phone I got it for around 34k. 

How I feel after using this?

The phone looks classy and is very beautiful. It feels soo smooth and has a lot of easy to use gestures which is very helpful while ur switching between apps. It is pretty fast and has good performance. I installed a lot of games to play since its super fast and never lags.

 

Troubles I face?
BATTERY

I personally connect my laptop with mobile hotspot and work and this drains my battery. This phone is a bad choice if you use hotspot a lot. Since its secure, transferring data can sometimes be little trouble. If you use two sim cards you shouldn’t buy it. I find battery as a big issue because I used to charge my fast charging android phone two days once even after using hotspot for a entire day but in iPhone I have to charge it twice a day.

Worth the money?

I think its not bad for the money I spent but I still think if you don’t want this iOS environment then android is much better when it comes to battery. If it costs more than this honestly I don't think its worthy to put that much money because if SE had a battery just like XR I would have gladly got that for lesser money. 

Now what?
I got a dongle recently and now my phones better and battery lasts as I don't rely on hotspot. Let’s see what happens. I always have second thoughts if I like it or not because sometimes I miss my previous phone.   

 

3 comments:

  1. It's always sad to see people burn their fingers with Apple products though..!

    ReplyDelete

I switched my work organization😉

First of all thank you for coming here to read my blogs. I haven't posted for a long time now and believe I will be more consistent goin...