Skip to main content

Binge watching😵

I developed this very bad habit after I joined college. For the first time in my life I was away from home where no one can stop me from using my laptop late night as a result of which I started watching Korean series. The way each episode ended tempted me to watch the next one which went on and on. I enjoyed it a lot but the problem is I started googling about the people who played these characters and also felt sad when each series ended. I stopped watching it sometime in 3rd year as I switched to movies. Now that I joined office I started again with English series.

The problem is not watching them but procrastinating your tasks for the entire day and still not stopping until it’s over. These unlimited data packs have given us more room to stream unlimited content which takes us to its own world rather than living in reality. 

I have searched a lot about how to control this urge and found out hormones like dopamine(Feel good hormone) is responsible for this behavior. Besides these technical aspects when I wanted to know what I felt after binge watching is regretting my life and scared about future. I also felt uncomfortable spending time alone and dint feel the need to organize my life by planning daily activities. The main reason people escape into binge watching is to move away from reality of life where hard work is involved.

We need to understand the fact that these are just work of other successful people which we are consuming on a daily basis and this must be a mere source of entertainment to us and not a source of distraction from actual life.  

I’m still trying my best to control my instincts but the only way is self- control by listing the tasks for the day and watching series only at the end because if you start watching this first thing in the morning then there’s no way this is gonna end. 

Also never watch it late night because when I did this and woke up in the morning I still felt my eyes burning and was tired even after a few hours of sleep. Overcoming this is definitely going to make you feel better about urself. So just live life and don’t escape from it.

 

Comments

  1. I have found that restricting my tv show watching to breaks at works is the most efficient, I club it with lunch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great people like you always have solutions !!! And thankfully I have one less problem to worry about in my life as I don't have this series watching habit !😂

      Delete
    2. Yes Amal has solution to all life problems

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stop overthinking and Do it

Hello Everyone. We always wanted to grow up and become adults while we were kids but now everyday we wish we were back to being kids once again enjoying the simple life except preparing for exams and the homework;). The best part about being a kid is the energy each one of us spread literally lighting up the room as soon as we enter. We used to bring smile on everyone’s face.   Hopping around everywhere, sometimes falling down is also okay because I fell from the first floor of my grandma’s home when I tried to pick fruits from a tree. Don’t panic I survived :P. I know that was dangerous but it was a learning process which helped me calculate the distance of the tree next time. Somewhere as we grew older we tend to loose the amazing energy and courage we had as kids and are often thinking about others opinions about us and on the work we do.   We are scared and are often a pessimist even before starting the things we want to do.  So whatever you want to do just start and ...

Assumptions about married women

That's me. And I prefer doing whatever I like be it going on trips or hitting the gym or doing my office work or cooking. 1.  Cooking  -  Assumption that women must cook despite having busy careers. Dont get me wrong. Infact, I love trying out new dishes occasionally. But the phone call I had received from my relative the other day made me question this. They were constantly interested in what Im cooking or if I learnt to cook the dal gravy. I faced a similar incident at the gym. Our trainer asked me to cook more protein rich food for my husband and feed him regularly. Though meant in a humorous way, the underlying meaning kind of made me feel sad. The fact that nobody would say this to a husband made me question. Cooking is a life skill. It is a choice. We can always hire someone. We might develop interest in cooking once we start living on our own. We must also stop judging someone for their food choices. When I say I make protein pancakes or wheat semiya or masala oats...

Clothing lessons I learnt💃

Growing up my parents used to buy clothing only 3-4 times a year mainly during festive seasons or sometimes when they needed any piece of clothing. They dint have television nor internet so they as consumers had the freedom to decide and mindfully buy the stuff they need only when they need it unlike our generation. Here we turn our tv on or any social media platform it bombards us with lot of products which dint exist in the previous era and we are tricked into believe that these are essentials. There is some sale or offer going on every other day on the online shopping platforms. We have piled up our closets with skin care, hair care products, slippers, clothes, bags, home essentials etc.. Im also guilty of piling my closet up. So here are the clothing lessons I learnt:  1. Don't buy a new skin care or hair care product unless the previous one is over. 2. Invest in quality over quantity. Im not that kind of person who looks into brands while I purchase stuff. If something feels...