Monday, July 20, 2020

Binge watching😵

I developed this very bad habit after I joined college. For the first time in my life I was away from home where no one can stop me from using my laptop late night as a result of which I started watching Korean series. The way each episode ended tempted me to watch the next one which went on and on. I enjoyed it a lot but the problem is I started googling about the people who played these characters and also felt sad when each series ended. I stopped watching it sometime in 3rd year as I switched to movies. Now that I joined office I started again with English series.

The problem is not watching them but procrastinating your tasks for the entire day and still not stopping until it’s over. These unlimited data packs have given us more room to stream unlimited content which takes us to its own world rather than living in reality. 

I have searched a lot about how to control this urge and found out hormones like dopamine(Feel good hormone) is responsible for this behavior. Besides these technical aspects when I wanted to know what I felt after binge watching is regretting my life and scared about future. I also felt uncomfortable spending time alone and dint feel the need to organize my life by planning daily activities. The main reason people escape into binge watching is to move away from reality of life where hard work is involved.

We need to understand the fact that these are just work of other successful people which we are consuming on a daily basis and this must be a mere source of entertainment to us and not a source of distraction from actual life.  

I’m still trying my best to control my instincts but the only way is self- control by listing the tasks for the day and watching series only at the end because if you start watching this first thing in the morning then there’s no way this is gonna end. 

Also never watch it late night because when I did this and woke up in the morning I still felt my eyes burning and was tired even after a few hours of sleep. Overcoming this is definitely going to make you feel better about urself. So just live life and don’t escape from it.

 

3 comments:

  1. I have found that restricting my tv show watching to breaks at works is the most efficient, I club it with lunch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great people like you always have solutions !!! And thankfully I have one less problem to worry about in my life as I don't have this series watching habit !😂

      Delete
    2. Yes Amal has solution to all life problems

      Delete

I switched my work organization😉

First of all thank you for coming here to read my blogs. I haven't posted for a long time now and believe I will be more consistent goin...